Thank You Choosing Will Writing


Thank you for choosing the Will Writing Company to write your will. If you need to discuss your completed form please feel free to call or email.
0208 769 – 1750

C/O First Precedent

Will Writing Services. Company

Interchange House

1st Floor

81-85 Station Road




Thank you for completing our online Will instruction form. We are delighted that up have chosen the Will Writing Company to prepare your Will.

What happens next?

We will go over your Will instruction form and clarify if there are any queries or we require more information. Before we proceed to prepare your Will, we will require an initial 50% deposit. We will email you over our invoice. Single Will starts from £165.00 no VAT. We can also arrange to take payment over the phone, if this is easier. You can also arrange to make payment direct by Bacs if you wish. The draft will be sent by email for approval to the email address provided. Once it has been approved we will arrange for the final engrossed version to be sent by post along with signing instruction to your home address.

2. What is the cost of a single Will?
Fees start from £145.00 for a single Will.
If your will is more complex and you require IHT planning or your estate is large, then it may cost more, we will let you know. This could be the case if you are divorced and have children. Specialist will involve trust or overseas property, or if you want tax planning advice, can cost substantially more.

3. How long will it take?
It will take 5- 10 working days from receipt of the initial deposit. If you require priority service please let us knows. When you are satisfied we will arrange for the final version to be engrossed, and full payment will be due.

4. Signing Instructions
There are specific instructions required for the signing of your will. If you fail to comply, it may result in your will been invalid. If you would like to arrange for the signing of your Will at ours office please contact we and we can arrange for this service free of charge.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is an Enduring Power of Attorney?

An enduring power of attorney is a legal agreement that enables a person to appoint a trusted person – or people – to make financial and/or property decisions on their behalf. An enduring power of attorney is an agreement made by choice that can be executed by anyone over the age of 18, who has full legal capacity. Many clients arrange to have this document drawn up at the same time of their Will. The main benefits are that it gives you more control what happen to you in the event you have an accident or an illness.

2. Can you arrange to prepare a mirror will for me and my partner?

With disputes over mirror wills rising we have made a decision not to encourage their use. Essentially they leave everything to your partner if they are still alive and your children if they are not. The same will is provided for both couples save for names. If you would like a will drawn up for your partner, we recommend that they consider a separate Will which will reflect their individual choices and specific choices. With the increase of blended families are becoming increasingly common, growing numbers of people are discovering that their loved ones’ last wishes are either not what they expected or not being honored.

3. What should I do if I need to make changes to my Will in the future?
Your will should always be kept under review. If you need to make changes you could consider a codicil. However a codicil must comply with the same requirements as a will. It is recommended that you seek professional advice. If you’re changing several parts of your will, it’s usually better to write a new will.

4. I am intended to get married in the next few months?

If you are intending to get married/ civil partnership will automatically result in revoking you will unless you are making the will in comtemplation of marriage and intend that your will should not be revoked.

5. I would like to mitigate the effect of IHT what should I do?

If you’re married or in a civil partnership, you can give anything you own to your spouse or civil partner so your estate won’t have to pay Inheritance Tax on what the gifts worth.

There are different rules if your spouse or civil partner’s permanent home is outside the UK. The rules are very complicated so make sure you take advice before doing anything. If you give something to a friend or a family member who is not your spouse or civil partner, so that you no longer get any benefit from it, the value of the gift will still be included in your estate for Inheritance Tax – but only for seven years. So, for example, if you give one of your children some money, and you live for a further seven years, it won’t be taken into account when calculating the Inheritance Tax liability when you die. You can give away limited amounts every year and not have to pay Inheritance Tax. For example, you can give away up to £3,000 a year and you can give away money to your children and grandchildren when they get married.

6. Can I ask members of my family to be the witnesses to the Will?
Will writing Company strongly advise against this as it can invalidate all or part of the Will? All Wills prepared by the Will Writing Company include clear signing instructions which outline who can or can’t witness the signing of a Will.
If you have any doubts about who can be a witness, please call the team.

Comments are closed.